Just a quick update on progress from an adult on a stimulant.
Side effects have begun to diminish at this point completely which is exciting. Diet and excercise have played a large role in this. What has been experienced over the last 8 weeks are all things my provider shared with me and we have discussed and have diminished:
Side effects : Solutions
- loss of appetite : eat prior to taking medication
- increase in short temper or frustration : has diminished over time based on bodies adaptions to medication, less with excercise and free time
- hyper focused : decreased dose, get up and walk away from desk/office every 2 hours; walk or run at lunch
- more task oriented which means more direct communicator (which can come across as demanding or gruff) : re-read emails/notes, be sure to include common courtesy in dialogue
Areas of improvement:
- increase in productivity and effectiveness at tasks
- don’t put off menial tasks or chores (including cleaning/organizing)
- increase in ability to focus on specific conversations, actions rather than being all over the place which has made me a better and more active listener
- better driver
- more effective communicator
Regarding compliance: I have not been taking my medication 7 days a week for the last 8 weeks. I have skipped days, not regularly, but still I have missed days. On days I have missed I feel a bit out of sorts, which I was surprised by. It just took me longer to gather my thoughts and implement ideas or tasks which tells me that it is working. I have been irregular about the fish oil, diet and exercise and am looking to regroup starting this week.